Top of Mind
Good People: Bianca Valle
By Crown Affair
Meet Bianca Valle. She's held the key to our hearts since the beginning—not only because of her long, nourished strands, although we love those, too. She's a holistic nutritionist and artist with her own practice and art studio in Chinatown, Manhattan. We sat down to ask about her rituals, her hair, and her journey to self-love. As we talked with her, we were filled with her warm spirit and felt her loving energy.
- Where do you live and what do you do?
I live in Chinatown, Manhattan and I am a holistic nutritionist and painter.
- Where do your passions come from? How was the journey to discovering them?
My passions come from listening to my heart and honoring my essence. Through overcoming fear and learning to shed what others think of me, I am now able to listen to my insides and do whatever it takes to follow them.
- What is inspiring you right now?
Books or writers: If The Buddha Dated, Charlotte Kasl and Radical Acceptance, Tara Branch
Artists: Pierre Bonnard, Nell Blaine
Activities or hobbies: Rock climbing, oil massages
- How did you get started in your career?
I just took the leap! I had been abandoning myself and just trying different things for a while until I was honest with myself and knew that food and art were my keys to happiness.
- Congratulations on your nutrition practice and your first art studio. Tell us about investing in that space and what it means to you.
It has been such a dream. I think setting the standard high for myself has helped me grow. Again, it's about just making the perfect moment rather than waiting for it.
- Where do you see yourself professionally in...
1 year: full of self-love and trust
5 years: living out of NYC
10 years: with a partner, living somewhat secluded in nature
- What does ritual mean to you?
It means self-love, self-respect, and self-care.
- What are some of the rituals that you practice and that ground you?
I stretch, exercise, affirm myself, talk to myself, massage myself, and eat nourishing foods.
- Where do you get your rituals from?
Making mistakes and learning from them as well as listening to my body <3
- How would you describe your hair?
It is long and wavy and just there–just like me :)
- How do you take care of your hair?
I eat well and let it be.
- Have you had a major hair moment or do you have a major hair memory?
Yes! When I was a junior in high school, I cut off 12 inches and donated them to Locks of Love.
- What would you tell your 18-year old self knowing what you know today?
To relax, stay positive, and trust in your own power.